Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Blog all about FOOD!

Welcome to my new blog, iEat! I am a self proclaimed foodie who happens to also be a new vegetarian. This blog will cover everything from funny food facts to fabulous recipes I've made (I don't generally create my own recipes). I appreciate our locally grown foods here in Maine. I have joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) for the first time this year and I'm excited to get (and EAT) all those local organic veggies!

To start off, I'm sharing some photos (and links) of recipes I've made and enjoyed. Bon appetit!
Baked eggs in sourdough bread bowls, with side salad. Recipe found on Noble Pig.
Inspired by the Mighty Avo-dite Salad at Silly's Restaurant in Portland, ME. Spinach salad with buffalo tofu, avocado, black olives, and feta.


Vegan flat bread with Daiya "cheese", tomatoes and basil from my garden, on locally made wheat crust.


There are just a few of my favorite dishes. I'll be sure to share my successes (and failures... think "smoke alarms") as I experiment with vegetarian cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment